I'm with Coco


photo via NBC


This evening was the last taping of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. This whole drama at NBC has been pretty frustrating. Shows used to have some time to build their audience and prove what they could do. In my opinion, Conan was doing a great job. I've been a fan of his for a few years now, so it's been  hard to watch how poorly he has been treated. He should have been able to have his shot. 7 months didn't seem long enough. He has become collateral damage because of some poor programing decisions. However, as I just finished watching his last show, I can't help but say that Conan O'Brien is a class act. Rather than being negative about his situation, he chooses to be grateful for his opportunities. His last sentiments are to the young fans. Life sometimes gives you situations or events that you never anticipated or dreamed of. Disappointments happen. Refuse to be cynical. If you work hard and are kind, amazing things will happen to you. That's a pretty remarkable legacy to leave with The Tonight Show. He has left a legacy of optimism and the belief that with hard work your dreams are within your reach. Coco, I'm with you. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.